A happy planet means happy plants and a healthier happy you!
"Having experienced the huge health benefits of being outdoors and engaging with mother nature along with practicing a zero waste, grow your own lifestyle. I am passionate about sharing tips for this and trying to protect and preserve our natural environment!"
- Joe Clark,
Garden with Joe Founder
Introducing our incredible partners
At Garden with Joe we are proud to support two charities that share our passion and brand mission.
Thrive are a fantastic charity who use gardening to bring about positive changes in the lives of people living with disabilities or ill health, or who are isolated, disadvantaged or vulnerable.
They support and work with a wide range of people. People who have a physical or learning disability; people with mental health support needs; people who may have sensory loss or autism; people with age-related conditions such as dementia, heart problems, diabetes or stroke survivors and also young people who have social, emotional or behavioural difficulties.
At Garden with Joe it is our aim to provide seeds, tools and free boxes to this fantastic charity. We can only do this with your amazing support.
Please click here to learn more.
We want to practice what we preach and have tried our hardest to make Garden With Joe boxes the most sustainable they can be. We still have a long way to go but in the meantime here are just a few of the things we have implemented already.
- Manufactured from a by-product of coconut, our compost is 100% peat free to help protect fragile ecosystems.
- BPA free fabric and UV resistant, our posts are made from recycled plastic.
- Our seed trays are made from plants not plastics.
- The Garden With Joe tape is water activated to help reduce chemicals.
An incredible charity, The Clink Gardens opened at HMP Send in 2014 and at HMP High Down in 2021. Their Gardener Trainers work with people in prison to help them gain experience and train towards achieving an accredited City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 in Horticulture. The students grow a variety of produce at both garden sites with most of the salad, fruit, vegetables and herbs delivered to the amazing restaurants at HMP Brixton and High Down to use in dishes featured on the seasonal menus.
Please click here to learn more
Let's us grow together!
- The most sustainable on the market
- BPA free fabric and UV resistant
- Made from recycled ocean plastic
- Scientifically proven to enhance plant health
- Lighter and more efficient to ship
- After many seasons the pots can be composted
- 100% peat-free to help protect fragile ecosystems
- Manufactured from a by-product of coconut
- Compressed to save up to 90% more plastic packaging
- Lighter and more efficient to ship reducing pollution
- No artificial fertilizer added to the compost
- Responsibly sourced
- All paper is from sustainable paper stocks
- All ink is vegetable-based, making it perfect for the compost pile
- Zero carbon and plastic free delivery
- Printed on the greenest printing press on the market
- Our printing supports charities such as woodland trust and forest stewardship council
Seed Trays and Labels
- Our seed trays are made from plants not plastic
- Manufactured from rapidly renewable sugar cane pulp
- Stopping a by-product of the sugar cane industry being burnt
- No plastic plant labels
- Our plant labels are made from sustainable bamboo
- All packaging is acid-free making it perfect for home composting
- Our custom tape is water activated to help reduce chemicals
- We have reduced packaging by 50% from our first prototype
- All packaging (excluding the compost wrap) is either fully recyclable or home compostable
- All inks are vegetable-based
- We use Royal Mail who have the lowest reported carbon emissions per parcel of any major UK delivery company
- Royal Mail have the largest fleet of electric vehicles out of all the major UK delivery companies
- Royal Mail Collect reduces our emissions further as our parcels are collected on a pre-planned route